Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Recent Acquisition

My precious.


If you have tons of paperwork to organize, why not use something fun like a candy display? I found this treasure at a thrift store this past weekend. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. An M & M candy display. You could almost hear an angelic chorus. It was sitting there amongst the usual knick knacks and furniture, people walking past it without taking a second look. Unbelievable! My son and I went over to have a closer look at it, explaining to him what it was and told him how unusual it was to see something like that there. I was already prepared to walk away from it when I decided to show it to Pammy. She could see that I was taken by it but could also see how it could be put to good use. Bingo! I've already got paperwork and photos occupying the shelves. Sometimes you need to introduce a little whimsy to your work day. Work has never been more fun. I like making  mundane activities as fun as possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...