Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Friday Roundup- Damn the Torpedoes

This week was calm compared to last week which is a very good thing. It allowed us to catch up on various things including catching up on writing and illustrating a book on fairies I've been working on for the last five years. These things take time but I hope to be close to finishing what might be the first of a series by years end. It's not a traditional take on the faerie world. I added a few twists. As I come closer to completing the book I'll post art work here. Now I've also got to scrape my pennies together for more art supplies that I'll need for the remainder of the illustrations which will be both in color and black and white. I'm very excited about it.

This week included a couple of meetings one of which took place today at the Edwards Aquifer Authority to discuss, among other things, renewing my contract. It looks like I'll be back as Doc Edwards for another year. Nice.

We also met with some theatre folk to discuss the possibility of putting together a children's theater. That's something that Pammy and I have had a lot of experience in and would love to do again. So far so good. Another meeting is scheduled for next week.

Oh, and I managed to contact a local Star Wars fan club to see about attending their meeting this weekend. It sounds like fun. They work on costuming and prop building and best of all for my kids, do light saber skills classes. That's something we're all looking forward to doing. We need a little something different in our lives to shake things up a bit and keep things interesting. It seems like this week had a lot of that going for it. Karma.

That;s all for now. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...