Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

From the Sketchbook- Dwarves

I'm not sure who this one is. I just started drawing him with no particular dwarf from the "The Hobbit" in mind. He seems to me, upon reflection, to be Gloin, of the House of Durin.

This one is Thorin II (Oakenshield), a descendant of the House of Durin and is King Under the Mountain, King of Durin's folk in Exhile.

Generic dwarf warrior.

I think I'm going to be painting the "Battle of Five Armies" pretty soon. Just a few dozen more preliminary drawings before I give myself the green light. With any luck I'll have it done by Christmas...only kidding! But I still have to do a few dozen more sketches before I'm ready to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...