Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Friday Roundup- Part 1


This is the place (photo above and below) where Sarah and I, along with a variety of other individuals and organizations, showed off what we do for a living for almost seven hundred fourth and fifth graders from the surrounding communities.

The work week, at my work week, has come to an end. Actually, technically it came to an end yesterday afternoon after Sarah and I finished our presentations at the Medina County Ag Fair in Hondo. As part of the Friday roundup I've posted some photos of the event. I have to mention that the folks there are very friendly and made us feel very welcome. They also provided all the presenters with an excellent brisket lunch with plenty of yummy sides and homemade cookies and brownies. Life is good.

A good view of the exterior of the Show barn where Sarah and I set up.

Look at me. I'm "working"!

Sarah in the role of the respectable presenter/geologist.

A genuine, real- life blacksmith. How often do you get to meet a real blacksmith ?! Very cool!

Action photo numero uno.

Action photo numero dos.

I can't remember what she was talking about but I'm sure it was pretty important.

This young fella, who I think is a cotton farmer, had some great props, I mean tools, that the kids really got a kick out of as he demonstrated how they worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...