Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Friday Roundup- Part 2


We weren't the only ones enjoying the beautiful morning in the park.


Today started calmly as we didn't have to rush out the door for any particular reason. I've got a few minutes this morning to do a few things (writing this post). It didn't rain this week like we all had hoped. Now we're a little closer to mandatory water conservation measures. I'll keep hoping and thinking rainy thoughts.

My son performed in the school musical Wednesday. He's was excited about it. There was a full-dress rehearsal that afternoon which I got see a few minutes of before I headed out to do my Doc Ed show. I forgot to mention that it's a musical about pirates which is perfect for Jose who loves sword play and saying "arrrrr"! It was a very entertaining.

I take get any photos but I went to Randolph Elementary to do a Doc Ed show for their after school science club which consisted of fourth and fifth graders. Fun was had by all. We had a question and answer session after the presentation during one of the kids asked me how water was made. In the three years I've been Doc Ed that was the first time I'd been asked that. Needless to say I was stumped. Time to hit the chemistry books.

The wand with some plastic wood added to give it the proper shape.

I also put in some time working on the Harry Potter wands for my kids. They're looking good. I just hope they don't ask me to make a three- headed dog next.


Friday was the beginning of my weekend. Nothing for me to do but enjoy some time with Pammy before she had to go to work. Naturally we headed for Natalie's, a.k.a.the Pink House. Afterward we got some pan dulce at the bakery across the street. Brunch on the westside is the best.

If you're ever on Cupples Road just inside highway 90 this should be a destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...