Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Anything Can Happen Week!


Below are a random set of sketches that I drew for fun and relaxation.


I think this is Santa's personal bodyguard.

There's something about a woman in uniform.


Big buckles never seem to go out of style.


I guess Goblins shave their pits too.


If you're gonna have a genie make sure it's got three eyes. Two eyes are so last century.

Pammy and I just watched an episode of "Big Bang Theory" where our favorite cast of characters were enjoying what they called "Anything Can Happen Thursday", a day where the rule was to be spontaneous. In honor of that brilliant idea we here at Arts in the Family have designated this as "Anything Can Happen Week". So along with the usual things you can expect from this blog you could also expect to see some fun and inspiring youtube videos or a poem or even a bunch of random sketches like I'm posting today. Maybe even something I haven't even thought of yet. DUDE! So stayed tuned and now on with our regularly scheduled program.

All went well with good ol' Doc for his morning show in Seguin. I didn't take any photos of the place. I left with all my show stuff and my coffee, of course, but forgot my camera. My next Doc Edwards presentation wont be till the last week of the month on the 27th at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic School. Try saying that three times fast.

This afternoon we'll be paying a visit to the San Antonio Metropolitan Ballet to "get the skinny" on the props they want built for Hansel and Gretel. I like using anachronistic phrases like "get the skinny" from time to time to keep them alive. Later on we'll be tinkering with our comic material to work it some more. The one thing we wont be doing today is eating Mexican food. We had a good bit of it yesterday and we've filled our quota for the month.

Pammy and I are seriously thinking of renting a space somewhere to use as a theatre and studio. We've tried for a very long time to work with the theatre community here but, theatrically speaking, we don't see eye to eye on a great deal of things with them. So this month begins our quest to find a home for our theatrical ventures and I don't expect it will be easy to find such a place. The realtor waters can be treacherous and are filled with some hungry predators so we're going to take it slow and easy navigating through these uncharted waters, plotting our course with patience and care. Wish us well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...