Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My Kid's Art

My daughter made this one with the intent of keeping the pink color dominant. I was pretty impressed when she told me that was going to be her approach.


Jose has made paintings like his sister's but he has always loved dinosaurs and rocket ships. The drawings above were to be used for the cover of his birthday party invitations. He made a different one for each of his fellow classmates. Cool!

In keeping with "Anything Can Happen Week" I want to share with you some of my kid's art work. Our son and daughter are never in need of art supplies or encouragement. We try to create an atmosphere of creativity as much as possible at home and we take them to see live performances and art exhibits as much as possible.

I love to watch them create their art and to see the excitement and concentration on their faces as they work. I treasure their art very much and would rather see one of their paintings up on our walls than any of my pieces. Their enthusiasm and love for art is a constant inspiration and reminds me that I draw and paint for the joy I derive from it. Thanks kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...