Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Monday Wishing

An artist in his natural habitat.


Let's see...today is the beginning of the count down for school to start...two weeks and counting! The summer had it's highs and lows but through it all Pammy and I did some fun and creative things. Now, Pammy might have a chance to do some more theater work in the next couple of months that might very well include me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I don't want to say more so as not to jinx it. Silly theater superstitions, I know, but why take a chance?

I've got my sights set for the next Artslam the middle of next month with the theme being martial arts. Perfect! I've got some good ideas for that already and am in the process of working them out. Meanwhile I'm still plugging away at my monster/sci fi illustrations (see photo above) from the 1940's and 50's though there are a few from the sixties and seventies I've done as well.  Them's my formative years! Again, the goal is to set up a booth at a sci fi/ comic book type convention to sell as many as I can. So far so good.

I hoping that by this time next year Pammy and I will have been doing more and more of what we did this summer. That's a feasible and worthwhile goal.    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...