Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Friday Roundup

It's the end of another busy week here at Rancho Ramirez. Pammy and I have been busy with our respective jobs, which is good. It's much better than the alternative. This is also the last week before school is out for the summer when much of our time will be spent hanging with the young'ns. Needless to say we've been trying to get as much done around the house that needs to be done before summer officially kicks in. 


 An audience member for my Doc Ed presentation at Government Canyon .

In the meantime Pammy's busy making yummy pastries at work plus planning ahead for the theater classes she'll be teaching this summer. I've been going to schools as my alter-ego Doc Ed and going to stop motion animation class. 

I haven't mentioned this before but the camera which we use to film our work was stolen from it's storage area in the classroom. I lost all the footage I'd shot but fortunately my son had the better part of his footage already loaded in the computer for editing.  I was very upset about the stolen camera (Maybe not as much as the teacher) because I now had to re-shoot my footage in much less time. It's not really possible. Bummer. So, I don't know how it will all turn out but at least I'm learning. That was the goal. To learn how to make a stop motion animation movie. Got to look on the bright side of things. 




A happier time when I still had the footage I'd shot over the course of several weeks.

I'm still working on my illustration that I'll post over the weekend. The goal as I've mentioned before is to have a large body of work to take to a comic book convention to display and with any luck, sell. So far so good. This summer will begin a push to achieve that goal. Tick, tock. Pammy and I are both in need of some new challenges so we're both looking to the future with specific goals in mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...