Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

Friday Roundup

Some of the nifty sculptures I saw at this past weekend's art opening of Ana de la Garza's solo show.


This was a pretty interesting week here at Rancho Ramirez. I actually went to an art opening. It had been a very long time since I'd been to one so I'm glad I finally did otherwise I would have missed the fine art work of fellow UTSA grad Ana de la Garza. I enjoyed the experience thoroughly!The show closes this weekend. Don't miss it!

Pammy and I spent some time at the San Antonio Museum of art for their family day. Lots of great art activities for the kids. While we were their we also had a look at the space where we'll be presenting a marionette variety show on April 7th. It's another of our Arriba Arte Studios projects we have planned for spring. Things are looking good.

Another Arriba Arte Studios endeavor will be for San Antonio Metropolitan Ballet's production of "A Midsummer Night's Dream" which opens next month. We'll be doing props for the show and for their Kaliedascope show during Fiesta, Pammy will be provide the catering. She's done that for them in the past and really enjoyed it.  Busy, busy!

I did a few voice overs at Raining Popcorn Media too. I really love that kind of work. I hope I get to do more very soon.

On the Doc Ed front, we had a very productive meeting on Doc Ed projects and shows and of course introducing Karston the Texas Blind Salamander to the city. That will happen on April 7th at Siclovia, which I mentioned in a previous post earlier this week. 

A neat bit of news for that event is that popular San Antonio  comedian Cleto Rodriguez will be the emcee for the event and will introduce Karston. If you watch KMOL's morning news program you see him in a segment called "Where's Cleto" in which Cleto finds himself  at any number of locations during the week like an elementary school or a restaurant or even a gym. I'm looking forward to meeting him.
My view from the barge as we cruised across the spring-fed lake at Aquarena Center. Can you say,"Beautiful"?

My alter-ego Doc Edwards also spent a relaxing morning at Aquarena Center in San Marcos taking photos for a planned Doc Ed blog. Many entries will have us introducing you to one of the many people that work at the Edwards Aquifer Authority and telling you a little bit of what they do. As soon as the blog is ready to happen I'll let you know.

Great week but I am so glad it's Friday! Have a great weekend.  

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...