Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

More Virgen de Guadalupe Pics





That's me (man, I look so young!)
and Father Virgilio Elizondo, head honcho at the San Fernando Cathedral, who was responsible for "greenlighting" the creation of the five paintings telling the story of the appearance of the Virgen de Guadalupe to Juan Diego. He's a very cool guy and I'm glad I got to know him. Below is a clipping from La Prensa de San Antonio newspaper from December 20, 1989 showing a couple of photos of the televised celebration. Both Alex and I were there for the event and I think Juan Hernandez was there too but I don't recall Vincent Valdez being there. I think it was a school night.


Above: Alberto Ramirez Jr. ( young me) and Alex Rubio getting some good "press" for our work on the paintings for the cathedral.


Click on the image for a larger view.


The bottom photo in the clipping shows another of the five paintings Alex and I worked on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...