Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday Roundup

Francesco, Pammy and I along with some of the Brazilian kids from the Ringling 2001 tour about to explore New York City for the first time.


Hello to all. Hola amigos! It's Friday. Time to review the past week's happenings. Doc Ed averted being in the splash zone of a De Zavala elementary student's flu induced purging.

Puppy X ate my avocado plant that I'd been growing for the last year and a half. If you should know anything about avocados it's that the plant takes years to grow till it bears any fruit. When I found the mangled remains of my I was more than little upset but I kept my cool. Fonzie would be proud of me.

I'm busy working on the set pieces for Hansel and Gretel in the garage. I've got a lovely heat rash on my chest from working in there minus a/c. Aren't you glad I shared? No worries, though. I've poured a mountain of Gold Bond Powder on the afflicted area leaving a snowy trail as I walk.

It's around 9:30 in the evening as I write this. Pammy and I were watching "The Last Waltz", a great documentary directed by Martin Scorcese of The Band's final concert. The last time I saw it was around twenty years ago. It got me to thinking about time and how much has happened in our lives and how much has yet to happen. Why, since we last toured with the circus we've become the parents of two wonderful children. That alone sends my mind into a tailspin. I'm somebody's dad! Whoah!!

Ten years ago Pammy and I were sitting on the rooftop of my parent's house watching the New Year's fireworks. We were thinking about what the new year would bring. That year was eventful. As we approach the end of the first decade of the 21st century I wonder what the new year will be like for us...the four of us. If the last last twenty years are any indication of what awaits us around the bend it should be interesting. I'm going to watch the Simpsons now. See you manana, banana.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...