Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Laredo Today







Back in the early nineties, while I was still living in San Antonio, I decided I wanted to try my hand at editorial cartoons. The trouble was is that the newspaper that I would be drawing it for was in Laredo. This was back before emails and scanning. I could either mail them or I could drive them down there.

The other problem was that the editor wanted, understandably so, cartoons covering local politics which I knew nothing about. Still I gave it my best and I think I did some good work. Above are a few examples. The middle one is the original because I don't think I have a clipping of it. It may simply be in storage somewhere. I did manage to find a rough sketch for the "mad scientist" cartoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...