Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Next Stop, 24th Street Theatre !


Back in my "serious actor" days I appeared in a number of plays for the 24th Street Experiment Theatre Company at Our Lady of the Lake University.

I managed to get mentioned in a few reviews and they spelled my name right(always a plus).



The postcard sent out for one of their plays back before emails but I think were more effective than emails because they can't be deleted in the blink of an eye. Besides, it's nice to get regular mail.

Sorry for the late posting. I was laid out with a nasty allergy attack today. I didn't get to do all I needed to do today so now I'm up late catching up. Tomorrow morning I'll have to get up early because the kids don't sleep in so I'll be a wreck for the day but at least I'll have full use of my sinuses.

Just thought I'd share a few momentos from some work I did at the 24th Street Experiment Theatre Company, back in the early nineties. They were a fine theatre company that produced Latin American plays that were usually on the avante gaurde side and fun to do. I played a wide variety of roles including "Sigmund Freud", an ancient chauffeur and an extraterrestrial prince to name a few.

The company was headed by Ric Slocum, who always presented new and exciting works. He also gave a good deal of creative freedom to his actors. You could usually count on him to cast against type casting you in roles that you might not otherwise be offered at a different theatre company: It was actor's theatre and is greatly missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...