Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Saturday Night Doodles




I'm back in the saddle again with my Saturday Night ritual watching 1960's sci fi and fantasy television shows and Svengoolie. I'm pleased that I was able to do what I did considering how much painting I have to do. I kept going from my painting to my sketch and and back again. But I needed my fun time with the family.  

Batman went toe toe with Frank Gorshin's Riddler. Gorshin was not only a fine actor but a very accomplished impressionist too. Lost in Space had the crew of the Jupiter 2 encountering a mysterious alien entity that thrived on fear. And Star Trek entertained us with a third season classic "Whom Gods Destroy" which finds Kirk and Spock trapped on Elba 11, where a former Star Fleet captain gone mad has taken control of the rehabilitation facility where he was an inmate.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjjIceWAXGeePvlNyFOOBOl_jBoX10AOi2k8dSXgiNCbsHejAakHJw1mBDsZ7fyZENEUg5l7EyIMcmXfRVyfOuWa7WL8mVceDMGoQ51PFjZLQfXsFpRnMCaE9HMx9JYJYSmzUbHd_pw5ms/s1600/islandoflostsouls++lc+trio.jpg
 
The topper of the evening was Svengoolie. His film for the evening was "Island of Lost Souls", the 1932 classic starring Charles Laughton in the first adaptation of the H.G. Wells novel "Island of Dr. Moreau" written in 1896.

We all usually call it a night right after Svengoolie but next on the schedule was Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea followed by Night Gallery at midnight. Loved to stay up for that but I need my beauty sleep. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...