Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Going Ape!


I'm pretty close to finishing my next illustration. I really think I'm onto something good and terribly fun here.  I tried my hand at the fine art thing for a while but found my heart wasn't into it. The thing I've always enjoyed since I was a kid was kicking back on a Saturday morning to catch my favorite monster or sci fi movie then sketching what I'd just seen. 

On a slow day I'd get a copy of one of my handy dandy Famous Monsters of Filmland to draw any number classic characters like Frankenstein's Monster or the Creature from the Black Lagoon. I'm really enjoying the whole experience and should have done it sooner. There's no time like the present to embrace your inner geek or nerd. I'm not sure which would apply to me.

As you can see I make use of a mega magnifying glass to aide my aging peepers see the finer details of the piece like the lettering.  I've always had a fondness for lettering and combining lettering with illustrations is working out pretty good. With a bit of luck I should have the illustration finished by tomorrow afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...