Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Saturday Night at Rancho Ramirez

My messy drawing table and second home.


Saturday nights here having gotten a lot more fun for the whole family since t.v. broadcasting went digital. True it can be a pain programming the converter box but once it's al done you get a bunch of new channels. Recently we started getting a station called MeTV which broadcasts old shows including a lot of old sitcoms like Cheers, The Bob Newhart Show and the Dick Van Dyke Show to name a few. On Saturday nights my wife and kids and I actually get to sit as a family to watch t.v. Those of you who are parents know how challenging it can to find shows that the entire family can enjoy. Tonight we watched the 1960's Batman series, Lost in Space and the original Star Trek. By the end of Star Trek the kids are wiped out and ready for bed but we always let them watch the first few minutes of Svengoolie, a classic horror movie host from the Chicago area that's part of the MeTV Saturday night lineup. He tells corny jokes that result in rubber chickens being thrown at him. The kids really like that part which happens to come before the movie. Once he does his bit we put them to bed.

 During the entire evening I'm usually at my drawing table which is in the living room, drawing or painting.The photo above shows what I was working on last night. I just finished "W, Werewolf". To get a better look at it go to my art blog Water Street Kid Studios .
                              
I've devoted so much time to Arts in the Family that I've neglected to do much work on the art blog which will be devoted entirely to showing off my assorted artwork. On it you'll see my illustrations, carvings, puppets and anything else that falls under the heading of art. I'm still working to making look better so don't be too surprised if it's look alters from time to time. I hope you have fun when you visit it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...