Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Christmas Toyshop Puppetry 2001


 Me and my goats!






 That's Melodee Lenz (what a wonderful name that totally suited her) in a shot I took from the bridge where I was probably getting ready to work a marionette. I think she's using one of the chicken puppets.


 I found some photos of the last time I got to work the Christmas show at the North Park Center Mall for Le Theatre de Marionette way back in 2001. Seems like ages ago! I loved that show so much. Where else could you have goats, chickens, elves, wooden soldiers, a dragon, a seahorse and an ostrich as co-stars? I'd often stay in the house between shows just because I liked it so much. It felt like a clubhouse and I wanted to enjoy it as much as possible.

 

 The CHICKENS!!








Tina performing the concert pianist marionette from up high on the bridge.









 The dragon, seahorse and some chickens, oh my!





 Tina Gromova operating an elf puppet. Hanging off a hook in front of her is, I think, the dragon puppet. To her right is the mainstage where the marionettes were presented when the red shutters were opened. It was a pretty versatile set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...