Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Final Curtain



Lukas doing his thing. Amazing!

Our last weekend at Seaworld saw Lukas Dudek finally being allowed to do what he was hired to do five weeks ago: swallow swords. He was contracted to as a sword swallower, probably was paid to do so and yet Seaworld didn't seem to have it together in terms of their insurance to allow for Lukas present his unique skill until the last weekend of the engagement. Better late than never, I guess. Anyway, I'd never seen it done live and it was pretty amazing. It always got a great reaction from the crowd. Bravo, Lukas!


Pammy's reaction after I've told her that I'd found the camera. We clowns keep each other humble. Yes, my dear, from time to time I can be a doofus.

By the way, this was the same weekend I thought I'd had my camera stolen backstage at Seaworld. I searched high and low backstage and couldn't find it. I am happy to report that this afternoon I found it in the side pocket of my large bag I used to carry my marionettes. I swear I looked thoroughly through that bag and somehow I missed it. I emptied it out and turned it over too. When I first realized it was missing I thought I'd left it back at the car and when it wasn't there I looked all through the house with no luck.

Man, I was upset. I decided then that it must have been stolen. What other possible explanation could there have been? After all I "looked" everywhere, right?! I was robbed!! Thieves! Hooligans! I'll contact the authorities, by gum! The outrage!! When I told my wife I'd found it she was more than a little amused. I'm very glad I found it and took a picture minutes later. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...