Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Saturday Update

Treebeard, Acrylic on Bristol Board. 7"x 9 1/4"

Well, the weekend has begun and I'm taking the time to try new things, meet people, etc.. To that end I've looked up the Southwest Texas Society Children,s Book Writers and Illustrators. I've been illustrating for a few years now, primarily for educational print and web media. Mostly I've been learning as I go but now I think it's time to put it into high gear. I've been writing a book for the last year and a half and need to learn more about writing and publishing. I've signed up for their mailing list and will make their next meeting.

Tomorrow is the Huevos Rancheros fundraiser at Guadalupe and I should go to shmooze a bit. I like to keep to myself. Socializing doesn't come easy to me but I need to get out and about more in order to network. Networking involves small talk. Yuck. Oh, well. I've got to try.

This day also includes prop building for the S.A. Met. If the weather holds out I'll be able to work out back otherwise I'll be stuck in the garage. I wanted also to post an illustration I made this weekend of Treebeard from The Lord of the Rings films. If anyone is interested I'll be doing more and they are for sale too. See ya!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...