Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

Laredo Public Library Visit

Now that I've gotten some sleep I can write a bit more on my visit to the main branch of the Laredo Public Library yesterday afternoon. The presentation I did was about creating the illustrations for the book "The Miracle of Monterrey", published by Raining Popcorn Media which is a locally owned educational publishing company here in San Antonio.



I had fun talking the to kids after the presentation. They made some pretty impressive drawings that I got to check out. Maybe next time I'll have a more hands-on approach to my presentation by bringing in some supplies for the kids to try.



Talking to a hometown audience really recharged the ol' batteries at a time when they were a little low. Thanks again to Ms. Irma Gonzalez and the staff of the library for making me feel welcome and allowing me to spend some time chatting about the work I do.

Laredo has some very creative citizens that have a lot of talent and imagination and I was glad to be in their company. There was a multi-talented young lady there that was taking pictures and she is the person that puts together the newsletter and the nifty flyer announcing my visit. I think her name was Nic. Thanks for the great promo. Cool stuff! There was also some unexpected networking that occurred which is always a good thing. I can't wait for my next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...