Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Friday Roundup

Cast of the 131st Edition of the Ringling Brothers Barnum and Baily Circus.

The week went by quickly despite the fact that I had no performances scheduled. When you're home there's always work to be done day and night. So after a week of spring cleaning the house looks great. I forgot to mention that a head cold made the rounds here at Rancho Ramirez. It not bad enough to keep you in bed; it's just annoys the heck out of you.

Tomorrow I'll be at the Mission Branch Library for their grand opening where I'll gab about illustrating the book "Milagro de Monterrey". I think I'll get there early so I can look around and check out the other presenters and entertainment that's scheduled for the day.

I missed the circus today. I was reading Steve Copeland's blog and the Mudshow Diaries and just started to miss it. They're having a tough time right now encountering bad weather on their route and Steve has been sick...and yet despite the misery of illness and foul weather they were experiencing I really felt homesick for it. It just gets under your skin.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...