Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Circus Memories

In the last twenty years or so I've taken quite a few pictures documenting our work in the performing and visual arts as well as our day to day lives. Unfortunately, I've only developed a small percentage of those rolls. In a box by my desk are around thirty rolls of film and disposable cameras that I've amassed over that span of time patiently awaiting my attention.

I guess there's no one reason for not getting the film processed within a reasonable amount of time. I'm glad I'm finally getting around to it now. Within the three rolls developed this afternoon was a wealth of memories. I've posted a couple today and I'll post some more throughout the week.



The photo above was taken backstage at the Ringling Brothers Barnum and Bailey Circus in September of 2001. It's in Los Angeles but I don't recall the name of the arena. I know its L.A. because Keith Alexander (2nd from the right) (Clown College class of 1993 in Baraboo Wisconsin and Ringling Red Unit 1994-95),along with his wife and kids came to see the show and visit for a while. The one and only Francecso Villares, Master of Mirth and King of Kung Fu is standing to Keith's left.

Below is a backstage photo of my lovely wife Pammy in the "Girl Clown's Alley". She's got the look that says it was the third of a three show day which means we were all bone tired at that point. A three show day could seem very long especially if it was followed the next day by three more shows. Thank goodness for coffee!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...