Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Nutcracker


My kids are going to be in the upcoming San Antonio Metropolitan Ballet and Metropolitan Classical Ballet production of The Nutcracker. I've never seen a live production of the Christmas classic and seeing it will be all the more special because of my kid's participation. I've seen the Baryshnikov version on PBS for years and can't figure out why I waited so long to see it live.
I think I've even seen the Macaulay Culkin movie version. Ye gods!! The closest I came to seeing it live was being a party guest in a version done at the Irving Arts Center back when we lived in Dallas and that was a paid gig. Go figure! Anyway, don't be like me. See it the right way. See it live, por favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...