Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Circus Memories


That's Pammy and I in the bottom left corner of the picture with the entire Clown Alley of the 131st Edition of the Ringling Brothers Barnum and Bailey Circus.

Good morning. Happy Wednesday to all. I found this postcard of our Clown Alley from 2001 the other day while I was organizing my photo albums. I've also got a couple dozen disposable film cameras I've yet to have developed. I don't even remember what's in them. Shame on me.

When I ran across this card I thought about all the fun Pammy and I had that year. As different as the show had become from the time Pammy and I were first on the road we found that backstage things never change. Backstage pranks were still common as were all the characters one would expect to find in a circus.

There was Bello Nock, daredevil clown extraordinaire and the featured star of the show who wasn't above taking a pie in the face for his birthday as was the circus tradition,
courtesy of Pammy after an extended backstage water gun battle.Those are the memories that stick with you. Once I develop those rolls of film I any photos that are from the road that I find... but that will have to wait till payday or as soon as I can sell a painting. We'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...