Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

At the San Fernando Cathedral



A little over a year after I had graduated from college I got to paint the biggest commission I'd done up to that point in my career. Together with Alex Rubio we designed and painted five large paintings to be displayed at the San Fernando Cathedral for the The Serenata a la Virgen Morena.

We painted all day seven days a week for about a month to complete the works and towards the end it was round the clock. I recall the paint was still wet a few hours before the event. I think it was this particular commission that made my parents realize that perhaps an art career wasn't such a bad idea. I wish I'd had better luck convincing them a theater and circus career was just as good. Oh, well. You can't win them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...