Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Paintin' Fool

The flats being set up at the park.


The panels in the garage stall. It was a little cramped but art isn't about comfort, man.

The map of the event. Looks fun.

When I painted murals I got used to working outdoors. That doesn't happen so much these days. I just spent the last nine and a half hours drawing at the computer while simultaneously spewing a torrent of obscenities at it but every so often I get to see the light. Last September I was commissioned by the San Antonio Water System (S.A.W.S.) to paint a landscape on several 4'x8' sheets of plywood that would be displayed at a S.A.W.S. sponsored event. I got my sunscreen and my boom box ( do they still call it that?) and started slinging paint. Above are some photos of the panels in the garage stall ready for transport then being put in place for display.
I also drew a map for the event showing the different booths and activities that could be found there. That map was created with photoshop but I still like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...