Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Friday Roundup- Snow Queen and Zombies (Late Edition-AGAIN! Jeez.)

Before and... Drum roll please... After !

 I can't believe Halloween is less than a week away! October goes by way too quick for my liking and this week especially, zipped by pretty quick. Pammy and I have been working hard on the props and set pieces for the Snow Queen. Pammy told me the last time the San Antonio Metropolitan Ballet produced the Snow Queen was fifteen years ago. Wow! The props held up pretty well considering. Pictured above is the sleigh we've just finished spiffying up (if that's a word?). All that's left to fix is a cottage flat which will be finished early next week if not sooner. It'll have to be sooner so we can focus on Halloween.

Doc Ed had a relatively mellow week with only two presentations as compared to last week's twelve. I have to confess that I don't mind the "down time".
Doc has to chillax every now and then too, y'know. 
This past Wednesday I was edu-taining the kids at St. Paul's Episcopal Montessori School just north of downtown.

Good ol' Doc Edwards ended the work  week helping to clean and organize the storage unit where all of Doc's stuff and other Edwards Aquifer related material is kept. Show biz isn't all sunshine and enchiladas, kids.  



 
This past weekend's ArtSlam was a Halloween/Zombie theme so I drew my first zombie apocalypse illustration ever. It was a challenge because zombies, though I've seen my share of zombie flicks in the past, just aren't my cup 'o' tea. I think the end result isn't bad though and I think, looking at it now, I might even consider making it a painting.

 I've thought that there might be a story to be worked out for these characters who, in a non-zombie world, wouldn't cross paths. It's another idea for a comic book, one of several I've been toying with for about a year now. It might be high time to take a stab (pun intended) at self publishing and why shouldn't it be a zombie themed book? 

Coming up with characters is the easy part. Writing the story is going to be a challenge but a fun one. We'll see how far I get before the end of the year.

That's all for this week. Tomorrow is t.v. night at Rancho Ramirez and I'll be home to enjoy it. Adios!  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...