Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Friday Roundup : The Late, Late Edtion- Voiceovers, Illustrations and Sets

This week we've done a couple of days of voiceover work for the good folks over at Raining Popcorn Media, the locally owned educational media company owned and operated by Art and Lisa Avila. In fact we were at their office this morning doing the last of the voiceovers for this particular project. 
I made Pammy laugh again. I RULE!!
There I am trying not to laugh. Must...be...MATURE!

I started the thumbnail sketches and character studies for the children's picture written by Art's brother about a little Ethiopian boy who wants to be a doctor. We've still got a ways to go before any of the illustrations will be painted but I really enjoy the process of developing an illustration. There will  be a bit of research and lots of sketching based on that research until the final illustration. This one looks to have around sixteen plus the cover art.

It also looks like I'll be doing some set building for the upcoming production of the "Snow Queen" by San Antonio Metropolitan Ballet. The last set work I did for them was for "Hansel and Gretel" building an oven and a cage which my dad and I did together. I really enjoyed that. In fact, Pammy and the kids helped a lot too. Theater is a family affair here at Rancho Ramirez.

Movie version of the Shredder from "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Secret of the Ooze" (1991).

Oh, and before I forget, I'm also in the process of making a number of illustrations for Artslam which is a week from this Saturday over at The White Rabbit. Martial Arts is the theme so I'm up to my dojo in Kung Fu. Really, it's more fun than it sounds. I'm really going to have fun with this theme. Yesterday I spent the afternoon watching Ninja Turtles and Power Rangers to get into the spirit. Fun times !!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...