Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

Illustrations Back On Track









Fun times await me at the drawing table!



I got a little side-tracked with other projects this summer but, thankfully, they're done and I can once again focus on what I have loved drawing and painting since I was a kid: monsters! I've got two illustrations close to completion and a third waiting in the wings. These next three feature three monster lovelies from way back. I think the old films will be the focus for now because I love them the best. Even the low budget ones have a lot of merit. 

http://www.andyerupts.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/kerwin-mathews.jpg
Kerwin Mathews as the lycanthropic lead.
 Speaking of low budget, this past Saturday's Svenghoolie movie was "The Boy Who Cried Werewolf (1973)" which starred Kerwin Matthews who is best known for his leading roles in the fantasy films "The 7th Voyage of Sinbad" , " The Three Worlds of Gulliver' and "Jack the Giant Killer".

 I'd never seen the film before, which had a very impressive werewolf makeup, having only seen photos which were featured in Famous Monsters of Filmland. It was a good popcorn movie. While the directing wasn't the best and some of the actors not acting in a very convincing way, I think the weakest element in it had to be those pesky "day for night" shots which were annoying after a while. 

Still, it was a fun way to spend a Saturday night, eating popcorn and hotdogs in a darkened living room with the a/c cranked up high, taking a quick trip back to the seventies and returning with a memory full of souvenirs.   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...