Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday Roundup

This week was interesting. I attended the World of Water teacher conference at Region 20 to learn what I could about ...you guessed it: the world of water! And free food was enjoyed by all. Yummy.


Pammy continued fine-tuning The Three Billy Goats Gruff by adding comedy bits and dance choreography to this musical theater presentation. The kids are going to look good. Should be a fun show. Work continued on the papier mache-ing of the troll mask and I recorded some vocal effects for the show too.





 My "monster" illustrations are coming along nicely. I'm feeling good about them and hope to have them completed by late next week. I'll start the Bride of Frankenstein on Sunday. Once the three illustrations are finished I've got the next three monsters lined up and ready to start.
 David Pitts,a.k.a., The Astonishing Mr. Pitts, a staple of the children's entertainment community here, and I spent some time chewing the fat over the phone. The illustrations would look great on t-shirts and David has experience in screen printing, so next week I hope to get together with him to see how to make that happen and talk other fun stuff. 



And last but not least I wanted to let you know that tomorrow is the ArtSlam at the White Rabbit. I'm a little a nervous but also excited about the challenge. I'll be painting a villain of my choice from 7p.m. until whenever. I hope to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...