Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Friday Roundup on a Saturday Morning

Last week I spent some time talking about the illustration process for a picture book with the students from Mrs. Bazaldua's 5th grade class at Woodridge Elementary School. Specifically, the book was the Milagro de Monterrey/Miracle of Monterrey published by Raining Popcorn Media. I also brought along various unrelated illustrations like the Hobbit ones I've been working on to show what I do when left to my own devices. Mrs. Bazaldua and I will be collaborating on her next picture book this summer, which I am very excited about.


I also sent a voice over sample for a possible gig which I didn't get. Bummer. I did make me realize I need to put together an audio sample of all the voices I can do for future work in the field. I haven't really explored that side of acting as much as I should have these last twenty years but it's never too late!

This summer is about the taking the bull by the horns, kids.  Yeehaaaa!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...