Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Oh, Joy-ce!!




I saw this on Cartoon Brew and had to pass it along to you here at Rancho Ramirez. Last Christmas we gave our kids copies of the first two books of The Guardians of Childhood series by William Joyce. There's The Man in the Moon which is a beautifully illustrated picture book and a novel: Book 1- Nicholas St. North and the Battle of the Nightmare King. A couple of weeks ago we bought Book 2- E. Astor Bunnymund and the Warrior Eggs at the Earth's Core. I'm a big Joyce fan. I find his stories and art very appealing. It's the kind of story I'd like to write someday filled with the magic that can only be found in childhood.

I was more than a little thrilled when I saw the preview for Rise of the Guardians which appears to be an origins story and will be one of the many movies I'll be lining up with my family to see this coming holiday season.
Here's the link to the Guardians of Childhood website. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...