Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

From Way Back When: Heaven and Hell (1980)



Hey everyone! Pammy taking a shot at the blog (Albert mumbles " 'bout time").

When Albert said he was going to post about Dio, I was like " oh yeah! I have to share!" I saw Dio with Black Sabbath live and they did this song among others. What a great show! These guys knew how to put on a show. I was in the 7th row with all my cool friends, all male except my best girl friend (no names please). I believe this concert was responsible for a lot of my hearing loss... ah good times.

I remember as soon as the lights went out, no one said a word. Everyone just stood up on their chairs in silence and stayed up for the entire concert. When the concert was in full swing the weirdest thing happened. A real pretty girl in a sundress and high heels, we had no idea who she was, came to our aisle and hand motioned to the guys to make room for her. I couldn't believe the gawl of this girl and I remember thinking" who's going to win?" Well the guys just looked at her and laughed...like, really laughed. Boy was she mad. I think she actually stomped her high heel.

As an adult I look back at all this devil talk and think how silly. I wondered how rock went from peace and love to Heaven and Hell, Sign of the Southern Cross etc. When I was a kid in California in the sixties, it was hippies and peace and love and anti-war and well...drugs. There was a real dark side to the sixties and early seventies. As a very young child of the sixties I was exposed to this a lot. I am guessing that Black Sabbath-type songs were a kind of reaction to this. And a communication of darker emotions. Of course when I was young I was not so analytical about it. (Said in goofy voice) "Black Sabbath rocks dude!" As I write this, the radio is playing nothing but Dio and Ozzy all in a row. IT'S SO WEIRD! Do blogs reach heaven and hell???

Anyway Thanks for listening everyone! I have had my debut on the blog and it was relatively painless...
Pam (devoted wife, Mother, and Rocker!) Ramirez

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...