Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

Friday Roundup

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/6b/Texas_blind_salamander.jpg/300px-Texas_blind_salamander.jpg

A Texas Blind Salamander- the real thing not the puppet.

My first work week of 2012 wraps up today and it's been good so far. I recently got a this neat little gizmo to add to my hard drive that will allow me to play and burn dvds among other things. When we get it all figured out we should also be able to do some editing and so forth. Pammy and I have been meaning to do some video work so this is a big step in the right direction to achieve that goal. It's not a New Year's goal but one we've had on the top of our list for a very long time. Money has always been the obstacle as the goodies needed to do all we need to do doesn't come cheap. We're getting there, though! Huzzah!!

There was also a meting with the good folks of the Edwards Aquifer Authority to chat about the year and what the plans are as well doing some brainstorming. We have a Texas Blind Salamander puppet now, perhaps not as nice as we would have liked but it's a start and we'll make the best of it. Oh, I've learned that his name selected from all those submitted in the contest is Karston. Very cute.

This afternoon I'll be signing up my son for some stop motion animation classes that he is very excited about and that maybe I can take next year. I've always loved that type of animation and still hope to learn the art someday soon.

Pammy is in the middle of prepping the fine food and beverages for the flamenco show this weekend. She'll breathe a big sigh of relief when it's over. She's got some really tasty dishes planned for it so I hope she has some leftovers this Sunday but I doubt it.

Anywho, I just finished walking the dog and I'm about to put things into high gear here at Rancho Ramirez. I hope you have a great weekend. Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...