Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Mural Kids

Hamming it up at the end of the day: The best mural crew ever.

Here are most of the kids that would come by to volunteer their time to paint the "Monuments of Man" murals at Mirasol Courts. Part of our job was not only to document the mural painting process but to also document the names of the children that participated in the painting. I wish I had that list now. Those children deserve to be recognized and honored for their work. They're all grown up now and in their late twenties, early thirties. Maybe they've started families of their own. With any luck maybe one of them will run across this blog and pleasantly surprised.

I've posted some of their photos but I've still got few more I'll post soon of these wonderful kids. Before I forget I want relate something I still remember about the last day we painted there. As Alex and I were cleaning up our brushes and putting away our tools one the kids came up to me with a parting gift. His mom had an herb garden and he'd plucked a cilantro plant, roots and all, out of the ground present to me. I was touched. I took that plant and thanked him. He smiled and ran home. Good kids, all of them. I hope they're doing well.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...