Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Ymir the Cream In My Coffee



I've been working on the the Ymr Vs. Elephant sketch and so far this is what I've got. I think I need to work on the elephant's pose a bit more. It needs to be more dynamic. I might even add one or two more bystanders to balance it out more. It wont have so much sky. Most of that will be cropped. Now that I look at it the scale of the people might need tweeking too. There's that "ten dollar word" again!
I think the top half might end up having the movie title. This one will also be drawn with ink and brush using mostly hatching.

It'll be the third in a
series with goal of at least twenty different drawings completed in this style so I can sell them (or try) at an upcoming convention. I also plan to do watercolors and pencil drawings as well. It's something I been meaning to try for a while and the stars seem to be aligned just right for that to actually happen. It's all part of the my short term goal to expand my horizons and market as an illustrator.

I like having options when it comes to work which explains my eclectic resume. It's always worked for me and until I can think some simpler, saner way to make a living this will have to do, Stu! After thirty or so years of working this way I think that's highly unlikely. Now it's back to drawing monsters late into the night. Ciao.

1 comment:

  1. I really love this sketch. I can only replicate cartoons. That's it. You have an incredible talent.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...