Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Hatching a Beast

The illustration above was drawn with a #2 Ticonderoga pencil and the ink applied with a #0 round watercolor brush.


Here's what I've got completed so far with the Beast from Twenty Thousand Fathoms drawing. I was going to wait until it was completed before I posted it but being the kid I can be at times I couldn't do it. I've always loved the quality of a black and white ink drawing done with hatching. Some of my favorite illustrators that use that style are Frank Frazetta, Bernie Wrightson, William Stout and Alfredo Alcala to name a few. I don't think I'm in their league but it sure is fun trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...