Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Advanced Studies 1993

Glenn "Frosty" Little.


Above and below are a series of photos I took back in June of 1993 at the Advanced Studies in Clowning which was a week-long camp in the mountains of Virginia organized by Leon McBryde and Frosty Little, both of whom were former clowns for the Ringling Brothers Barnum and Bailey Circus. It was this camp where I first got a real taste of what circus clowning was all about thanks primarily to Frosty Little. If it wasn't for this camp I don't think I would have gotten in to RBBBC Clown College that summer. The photos aren't the best. If you recall I have a stash of undeveloped film some like the roll for theses photos are pretty old. This particular one was seventeen years old. They show Leon McBryde and Frosty Little applying their make up then putting on their wigs and costumes. If I could travel back in time I'd definitely make a stop there.



Leon"Buttons" McBryde.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...