Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

Puppets on the Brain

No it's not going to be a Smurf puppet. It's a marionette that will eventually be a fairy. For the longest time I couldn't find it's right foot. Finally, after searching for the last six months I found the foot under the couch. Cats are naughty critters. The body and limbs are made of dowel rods while the hands, feet and head were from carved bass wood.

The next figure will be completely carved from bass wood. In order to finish this little blue fellow I have to add clothes and hair. Once that's done I can string it to the controller. I'll post the completed marionette in the next couple of weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...