Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

Friday Roundup

Pen and ink drawing of Bonzo Crunch a.k.a. Rik Gern of Austin, Texas.

This week wasn't as crazy as the previous weeks had been and I along with my entire family are grateful. I have started work on the new hobbit illustration showing Bilbo meeting Gollum deep in the heart of the Misty Mountains. I posted the rough sketches for that a couple of weeks ago but my work schedule prevented my working on it any further. I'll be posting the finished work as soon as it's finished. The pressure is on! No, not really. I'll have a great deal of fun painting it.

Tomorrow is the Revolucion art show down at the Gallista Gallery. I'll be around indulging in the food and wine while trying to schmooze. Oh, rapture! But before I play artist I'll be attending a talk and booksigning by children's book author Chris Barton at the Barnes and Noble, San Pedro Crossing location.

The event is also the last meeting for the year of the Southwest Chapter of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators whose ranks I'll soon be joining. It should be quite the learning experience. It's the step in the right direction I should have taken long ago but better late than never I guess. It's all part of da' big picture that will make the new year anything but dull. In fact, it will be a perfect addition to what I predict will a very exciting year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...