Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

Picture, Picture

Above is a photo of a marionette I made for a puppet theatre in Dallas, Texas for "Rumplestiltskin". It's the young girl who spins gold for the king with the magical help of Rumplestiltskin. I made a total of six marionettes for that production. I'd get up at four in the morning working till 7 a.m. and then leave an hour later to go paint a mural for the day at a housing project. I mailed two marionettes at a time as soon as they were finished. I had such a tight deadline that I didn't have a chance to take any photos of my work. Fortunately for me our neighbor at the time who was a pretty good photographer snapped the one you now see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...