Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Doc Ed Update

The latest stop on the "Doc Ed: History of a Rock Star" 2010-2011 tour: Coronado Village Elementary.


My favorite part of the show is, quite naturally, the silly part. I, get paid, for doing- that. Cool!


The tools of my trade.

This week Doc Ed paid a visit to the good folks at Coronado Village Elementary in northwest San Antonio. I did four back to back "Rock Star" presentations for the fifth graders and I have to say I think I'm finally feeling comfortable enough with the material that I can start tweeking it a bit. For a while the emphasis was to make sure I remembered all my lines and blocking and smooth out transitions and so forth. Now I can focus a little more on playful aspects of the show that really helps keep the kids engaged in the presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...