Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Back in the Saddle

Revolucion.jpg



Just a quick update on what's up in my neck of the woods. I'll be submitting an art piece for an upcoming show in November at the Gallista Gallery titled " Revolucion e Independencia, an exhibition of new works exploring the iconic images of the 1910 Mexican Revolution". The show opens November 13th so I've got plenty of time to work on a new piece. I haven't been in an art show since 2007 but this one is special as it commemorates the 100th anniversary of the Mexican Revolution. I hope that in the process of making the piece I can pass on a little Mexican history to my children. You can never start too soon. Below is a link to a blog by Elaine Ayala with more info.

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/latinlife/2010/09/gallista-show-to-explore-mexic.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...