Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Dell' Arte Mask


This is the mask Pammy made one summer in 1993 at the Dell Arte School of Physical Theatre. It's her first one. They started by making a life mask of her followed a sketch of the mask. The next step was adding clay onto the completed life mask to sculpt the features for the mask shown above. It took six layers of papier mache to finish the mask, some paint on the outside and inside and voila! The mask is finished. I'd like to show you the life mask too but I don't have a photo of it...yet. I've got to find it. As is the way with most performers you keep props and costumes in a storage unit so your house doesn't look like Ye Olde Curiosity Shoppe. As soon as I locate it I'll post it. I on a mission, man!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...