Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

Friday Roundup

Theater was at the top of our list here at Rancho Ramirez. We've working out the first draft for the children's play. a version of Little Red Riding Hood, for the Alamo Children's Theater, as part of it's season for the 2012. If it looks good it will be the inaugural show for the theater. We'll see how it shapes up.

This week also saw me taking on my alter ego of Aquifer Explorer Doc Edwards. I did shows at Schulze Elementary School and Wilderness Oak Elementary School. The film crew for the documentary shot footage of both shows I presented at Wilderness Oak and I'm pretty pleased they will give a peek of our wonderful educational program in their film. Of all the cities in the country they chose only six, including San Antonio in their shooting schedule. That's a pretty big deal.

I've also continued work on the final sketches of the cover for the children's book I'm currently illustrating  about an orphaned African child who wants to grow up to be a doctor. I expect that sometime next week I'll be working on the interior art for the book...but not on Thanksgiving. I'll be working on expanding my waistline on that day. Yay!



I found this movie at a Half Price Books and got it for the kids. I recalled the title but don't recall ever having seen the movie. I looked at the release date on the box which read 1979. I was sixteen when it was released thirty three years ago. It might have been on HBO. I can't remember. The kids enjoyed it. Robot dog. You can't go wrong with that.

That's all for now. Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...