Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

On the Road with Doc Ed

http://echalkmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/mainfsh.jpg


Yesterday morning started off okay for good ol' Doc Ed. I was schedule to do a presentation at Fort Sam Houston Elementary which is only ten minutes away. As usual, I got directions from Mapquest but I also got some from my contact at the school. Off I went with plenty of time to get there. I got to the base, passed the guardpost, followed my trusty map then proceeded to get terribly lost. I went around again to the guardpost for directions then got lost some more. I stopped to get directions from someone else in the hopes of getting my bearings and still I was lost. The street signs I was looking for were nowhere to be found.

Then, after driving in circles for half an hour, I decided to drive in what I believed to be the general direction of the school. Being lost on a military base is not a good idea because eventually you'll be noticed. That could be good or it could be bad. Luckily, I found the school and breathed a huge sigh of relief. From now on I'll carry a compass, maps and bread crumbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...