Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Things I Do for Fun

When I was a kid my Saturdays were spent watching sci fi movies on t.v. depicting the horrors resulting from the atomic bomb ala the 1950s. I loved them all. From Tarantula to War of the Colossal Beast, I watched them all and couldn't get enough of them. Recently, I drew a variation of the poster for the giant bug genre classic "Them" which starred James Whitmore and James Arness of "Gunsmoke" fame WHO also happened to play the lead role in another 1950's classic "The Thing from Another World". Anyway, I think I've nerdified the web long enough. There's the picture. Check it out! Notice how the monster always goes after the voluptuous woman each and every time. It seems the be their m.o.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...