Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Hello darkness my old freind

College kids who can't pay their bills sit in the dark. This is not supposed to happen to us, man!


No blogging today Albert and staring at it wont help.


No t.v. , kids. The lights are kaput!! No C.S.I, The Mentalist, Big Bang Theory, etc. Nada.


Hello everyone!
I know what your thinking .... your thinking whats the deal? No entry for two days?!
Welllllll let me tell you a story. Let me first say that I, Pam Ramirez, am not a pioneer woman. Having written that I will continue. I was coming home from the store when I saw a very bad storm in the distance with what looked to me like rotation... like tornadoville. I rushed home and as I told Albert about the storm a big wind began and stuff was being blown everywhere. Having lived in Dallas for a while I thought "into the closet we go!" When the wind slowed the lightning became the star of the show.

Then it happened.... the transformer blew and darkness. That's okay because we have candles! We lit the candles, put the kids to bed and went outside to look at the neighbors huge tree branch that been twisted off and blown into the street. After that we just went into the house to go to bed. What else is there to do?

The next day still no power. I'm thinking to myself," how do people up North handle it?" The first moment that I truly realized that I'm very electronically spoiled was first thing in the morning. What? No coffee pot?! I gotta make cowboy coffee? Now I must tell you that my daughter woke up because she didn't have a night light and it was so dark at 4:30 a m so she couldn't go back to sleep. As we waited for dawn and tried to go back to sleep, she said to me "Mommy this is the longest night ever", which pretty much sums up my dramatic reaction to cowboy coffee.

24 hours later and still no power. I had to get some sleep! My wonderful neighbor let me borrow a camping light to sub for the night light. Wow! What a difference! The night began to cool so everyone slept and woke to a beautiful morning. By then we didn't even miss the electronic trappings of life then... the power came back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...