Arts in the Family: A Family of Artists Just Trying to Make a Living in the Wilds of Texas

pages

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Fourth Of July!

I wanted to share a couple more sculptures I've done. That's an early attempt at sculpture and, considering it was my first, it didn't come out too badly.


That's Christy McDonald posing with another likeness I made for her.


I'll be enjoying the typical fourth of July feasting later today challenging my slowing, aged, metabolism with lots of brisket and beer. As we celebrate our nation's independence I hope we do our best to be nicer to each other and take better care of the world we live reside in. I leave you with the eloquent words of Chief Seattle who put it so much better than I ever will:

" All things are connected like the blood which unites us all. Man does not weave the web of life; he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...